Sunday, December 7, 2008

Too Art for TV photos

So Charles and I got to check out Too Art for TV 3 yesterday. Very cool stuff there, and some types of things I wouldn't have even thought to see there. I thought it was mainly paintings and drawings, and I was even surprised (but very glad) to hear that there was some animation going to be there, but there were some cool sculptures and things like that there too. David Lipson's robots were very cool and definitely stood out to me, and the man himself even showed up while we were there, so we got to talk to him for a good while. Not many others were there while we were, probably because opening night was apparently a madhouse, hah. I've only seen a couple pictures from that, but I'm gonna check out their Facebook page for more. Anyway, it was an awesome trip, and I'm very glad I was able to go. Here are some of the photos I snapped while there. If you want to see them all, check out my Flickr page (which I desperately need to upgrade to a Pro account, apparently).





Various pieces from the show

Two of David Lipson's robots, Weston Radiohead (with a radio that worked really well actually!) and Colly.

A little sign under a TV that played several animations, including one of Ben Ross' Flying Pizza Kitty with music by Bobby Miller. You can watch the actual video here.

One of two paintings by Dagan Moriarty.


A couple of closeups from two huge pieces by Christy Karacas (one of the creators of Superjail)

No comments: