Sunday, December 13, 2009

Remember how I said my laptop was working?

Apparently completely starting over with my laptop was not enough to save it. Out of nowhere a couple days ago, it just turned off on me. I tried to turn it back on and it would stay on for a few seconds starting up and then reset. That could go on forever, but I kept trying to start in safe mode or last known good settings and the same thing happened. So I guess we're sending it to HP...headquarters or something to fix the motherboard? I don't know, I'm really not as good at computers as everyone thinks I am, especially with hardware. But either way, my brother's is broken too (physical damage though, the hinges between the keyboard and screen are literally falling off), so we thought we'd just give in and send them on a journey across the world to get fixed. But then, a tad too late, we thought to call the local computer...fixing...place that we usually go to and ask his opinion and he said fixing the motherboard would not be worth it; it'd be better to buy a new computer. Well, neither option is exactly great financially, but getting a whole new computer, while I would love to switch over to a Macbook with the Adobe Suite and just have everything in one and finally stop stressing, it's just too much money in these times. We're not even really having a Christmas this year.
I don't know. I wish I could just make cartoons and not have to worry about anything. So much of my stress is caused from worrying about whether or not my computer is going to eat everything I ever made or any works in progress. Not to mention, for the first time I remembered to do something for Animation Block Party in advance. I've never submitted to an animation festival, either because I have nothing good or I find out too late, and I was determined to at least send something in, whether it got accepted or not. But I can't do that now. I mean, submissions open the 17th, but I don't know how long of a window I have to submit something. Will I have a computer where I'm able to animate within that time period? Will I even have time to do it? I'm not keen on anything I already have made. I've thought about enhancing the animation and some other things with An Apple A Day, but the script is still kind of dumb. I don't know, I just can't stop worrying and wonder what is so wrong about me wanting to make cartoons?

No comments: