Monday, July 28, 2008

Happiness, accomplishment, and fear

Happiness.
It may not seem like much, but certain gestures can really put a smile on my face. In this case, it's regarding the Nite Fite drawing I did a couple days ago. Today, I received the following comment from Dan Meth:
Niko, That is AWESOME. Fantastic interpretation of Penalty & Lloyd (and the whole Nite Fite look in general). Maybe Big Wease will get his shot in Season 2!
I would be truly elated if something like that were to carry out, but the comment alone just made my day. When people I look up to actually see and comment on stuff that I do, that’s one of the best feelings in the world. And it doesn’t happen often. I’ve sent things to many people who are higher up than I am, and while it’s clear that they’re busy and can’t respond to everything they ever get, it’s rare that you even get acknowledgment . At least in my case. Frederator has probably the only group of people who actually take time to not just listen, but interact with their fans, and that’s important.
I just thought I’d get that off my mind, heh.

Accomplishment.
I spent a large chunk of time today finally tackling the new design for the site's main page. Between drawing up the designs and layouts, cutting them into their own individual images and buttons, and then putting it all in HTML, it took quite a while, because I've never done anything like that before. Even though the vast majority of it is finished, I'm still making adjustments; in fact, I made some that already make that screenshot outdated, haha. Also, not shown there is an update blog powered by Tumblr, which was really easy to add and will be very convenient.
Additionally, there were more things that were going to go on that menu, so there were also drawings of Sapphire, Dr. Schnoz, and Robospaz, but it made the menu too wide and hard to fit all the options, so I had to leave them out (I didn't even finish 'em; Robospaz is missing the S on his body). But here are the designs if you're interested:


And finally,
fear.
I'm losing my eyesight. I would just like to say that I am not joking, nor am I exaggerating about that statement. My eyesight is really getting worse, and it seems to be happening fairly quickly instead of gradually, which is odd. I'm normally near-sighted, and I've been like that since I was two (or maybe before then. That's just the age I first got glasses). But more recently, I can't even see things up close anymore, much less far away, and this is with the aid of glasses and contacts even. Luckily I had an eye appointment last Wednesday and I'm trying out not only a different prescription but a different kind of contact entirely. The downside, it's really not doing anything for me. My eyes keep going buggy and giving me blurred and sometimes double vision. I can't even do normal things like read, watch TV, play video games, etc. I've been needing to get surgery on my right eye for a weak muscle for a couple years now, but because of everything that's happened depression-wise, we could never do it. Now I'm thinking I might need a more intense surgery. Man, I don't know what's going on with me...

No comments: