Sunday, June 28, 2009

80s Pop Show

I went to The Autumn Society's 80s Pop Show gallery at Brave New Worlds in Philly today. Even though I had seen a lot of the pieces online already since the show's been open for a while, it was great to see them in person.
A good number of pieces were sold though, so I didn't get to see all of them, like Tara's. I expected the ones that were sold to just be marked and then the people who purchased them would come back again once the show ended to pick them up, but I guess it is nearing the end of the show, and it worked out because I got to walk home with this:


I also went inside the comic shop because, actually...I've never been in a real comic shop like that before. There's like...no such thing around here. So that was awesome. The next show, the Golden Age Gallery, opens this Friday, and I'll probably be going to that. If anyone else is going to the opening, let me know, maybe I'll see you there!

In other news, I'm trying to figure out how to get a train to NYC sometime soon, but I've never been on any major public transportation before, and NJ Transit is a complete disaster, so this is going to be interesting...

No comments: